Part-Time Operations & Customer Service Executive
Who we are:
Big Wave Brands Ltd is a young start-up that has a created a fantastic new, versatile 27% ABV spirit: Spirit of Aloha 65, and for a bit of extra fun, a spicy sauce (made from the same ingredients minus the alcohol!) and some delicious things we call “Detonators”, our chilli-infused pineapple chunks. Our mission is to build a major, global, disruptive, spirits brand (and maybe also a pretty large spicy sauce and snack company…). Our products are all vegan and we proudly support The Plastic Oceans Foundation (UK). Our brand is fun, young and doesn’t take itself too seriously. In 2020, the year after we launched, we received an award recently for being Europe’s most innovative new spirit and another for having the best Social Media Tribe.
What it’s like to be a part of our team
We are a small company so there’s no corporate nonsense or old-fashioned micro-management. Instead, we are looking for someone who likes the freedom of working independently, takes initiative, and brings with them lots of ideas. You will be supported by our management team but we are looking for someone keen to get stuck in.
You will be joining a growing team, hugely enthusiastic about the products and the potential. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to work with an exciting young company with big ambitions & huge growth possibilities - be a part of our journey.
A bit about the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, agile, diligent and highly organised Operations Executive to help grow our business and improve our operational capabilities. You will work closely with the Operations Director across all facets of the business and will be able to take ownership of projects and feed into high level decision making.
We are a dynamic business responding to different challenges all the time however general duties of the role will include:
- Managing the basic day-to-day operations of the company.
- Develop reports to reflect ecommerce activity, summarising and providing analysis as well as insight into trends.
- Operations-focussed projects such as researching new packaging options, courier shipping rates, inventory and stock-holding efficiencies
- Improve internal reporting across the business to enable data lead decision making
- Constantly review carrier and shipping rates to ensure this is streamlined and cost effective.
- Supporting inventory and stock management systems so they are maintained accurately, within the agreed parameters and in a timely manner.
- Oversight of 3PL order fulfilment processing and customer service.
Skills & Experience
A bit about you
You’ll have graduated with a 2:1 Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a qualitive subject (ideally STEM) and ideally have some experience in an operations or business role. You'll need to have:
- An entrepreneurial Mindset - We’re ambitious about our growth, so you need to thrive in an environment of change, chaos and uncertainty.
- High levels of energy and a hard-working profile
- In-depth knowledge of Excel
- Competent using Excel, Google Docs or similar
- Good at solving problems, innovative, highly organised and detail orientated
- Experience in an ecommerce, marketing or analytical environment a plus
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to make data-led decisions
- A willingness to take the initiative and help out wherever possible
What we can offer:
- The opportunity to work with an exciting and rapidly growing business as part of a small, determined and dynamic team.
- Mentorship and training from senior members of staff
- Start-up environment where you gain a broad and diverse experience
- Flexible Workings hours
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays pro-rated
- Copious quantities of Aloha 65!
Please note we will NOT review your application unless a cover letter has been supplied.